Everyone deserves to live a life that serves them, so why are so many of us still chasing a good quality of life through a regular 9-5? Thanks to vast developments in technology, the modern world has plenty of simple and effective ways to make extra money, all from the comfort of your own sofa.
If you’re looking to change your career, make extra money or start living a lifestyle that works for you, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 easy ways to make money from home that will help you create a more financially free future.
1. Become a Cosmetics Consultant
The cosmetics market is projected to reach a staggering 463.5 billion dollars globally by 2027, so it’s definitely an industry worth getting involved with. One of the easiest ways to make money from home is by becoming a cosmetics or perfume consultant, selling products to your community without enduring the costs of setting up your own business. As well as educating your friends and loved ones about the newest beauty products on the market, it’s also a great chance to widen your network and learn invaluable transferable skills for the future.
Some of the best things about becoming a cosmetics consultant include:
- Channelling your passion into cash
- Controlling your own schedule
- Working from wherever you like, including your sofa
- Flexible to fit with childcare or family demands
- Can be completed alongside other jobs or projects
There are plenty of opportunities with some exceptional beauty companies that will allow you to discover the world of perfume and cosmetics. Don’t be afraid to explore your options – only you have the power to turn your life around!
2. Start a Blog, Youtube Channel or Influencer Platform
While this was once an unattainable goal reserved for a lucky few, the world of influencer marketing is fast becoming one of the best ways to make extra money from home. Whether you have a passion for writing, a flair for video creation, or special talents when it comes to social media, the internet is the perfect place to turn your interests into cash.
Some of the most popular sectors for making big money through influencer marketing include beauty, fashion and gaming, but there are plenty of other industries just waiting for people like you to make their mark.
Our best tips for creating the best personal brand online include:
- Find your niche and stick with it
- Post regularly and engage with your audiences on social media
- Use platforms like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
- Tag brands you use or wear in your posts to get noticed
- Collaborate with other small creators to build traction
Standing out from the crowd on platforms like Instagram isn’t always easy, but if your message is clear and your passion is strong, truly anything is possible!
3. Complete Surveys to Make Money Online
This method of making money online is a little more unusual, but it’s actually very effective for a lot of people. With the growth of the internet, companies are having to compete more and more for their customers’ attention which means stepping up when it comes to marketing. Having effective customer thoughts and statistics to support them makes the whole process a lot easier, which is why so many businesses are now paying large amounts of cash for online surveys.
If you’re thinking about taking this route to make extra money, there are a few things you should bear in mind before you get started:
- You might have to complete A LOT of surveys before making substantial money
- Surveys can be time-consuming, so choosing the right ones for you are important
- Go with a reputable company to ensure you’re not getting duped out of cash
4. Monetise Your Skills as a Freelancer
As we’ve already mentioned, the modern world is a lucrative place. Thanks to businesses and communities becoming increasingly connected online, it’s now possible to work from home and be your own boss, all while enjoying financial freedom.
Freelancing is a great way to do this. Whether you’re a photographer, a writer, a graphic designer or a secret stylist, there are thousands of skills that have the potential to be turned into a business.
Some of our top tips for budding freelancers include:
- Set your prices realistically to suit the quality of your offering
- Reviews are your best friend, so make sure to collect them often
- Use a freelancing platform to make managing your clients easier
- Remember to research your tax situation and put cash to one side
We all have incredible skills that could allow us to earn bigger and better than ever before, so take the leap and see what rewards you could discover!
5. Sell Your Stuff
While this suggestion might not seem like the most long-term solution to a more flexible lifestyle, plenty of people are making full-blown careers out of clearing out their old stuff. Whether you want to pay off your holiday debt or build a new monetised hobby, auctioning off your clothes and home goods is a lucrative practice.
On platforms like eBay, Amazon, Depop and Vinted, sellers can enjoy minimal costs to sell their goods online. These apps allow you to reach much wider audiences than your local car boot sale, as well as protecting you from any nasty scammers.
To make the most out of your online sales, why not try:
- Using high-quality photography and a neutral, well-lit backdrop
- Advertising your latest sales on social media
- Describing your products in as much detail as possible
- Sending out your items quickly for the best reviews on the site
So, those were our favourite easy ways to make money from home, If you’re interested in financial freedom, managing your own schedule and have a passion for all things beauty, join our team of thriving cosmetics consultants today.