How To Grow Your Instagram: 4 Top Tips
In the modern age, it’s impossible to run a truly successful marketing campaign without knowing how to grow your instagram. Although it’s a relatively simple platform to use once you get the hang of it, it’s a heavily saturated one. There are over 1 billion active members on the app, which might sound like a great thing if you’re using it to find new customers for your home business. However, it also means standing out is becoming harder and harder to do.
Keep reading to find out how you can create a unique offering on Instagram and make your profile stand out to your audience.
1. High Quality Photos and Graphics are Essential for Growing Your Instagram
Instagram was created as a photo-sharing platform. Even from its very conception, the aim of the game has always been to share images that make an impact. While regular posting matters, it’s quality that takes priority for most audiences today. This is especially the case if you’re representing a professional brand or trying to sell an idea that you want people to believe in.
Luckily for us, the world of smartphones has kept up to speed with our demand for high-quality graphics and photography. It couldn’t be easier to capture incredible images, even for novices who know nothing about the ins and outs of a camera lens.
Here are our top tips for taking photos:
- If you’re photographing products, always take your photos in a well lit room with natural lighting, or invest in some good ring lights for added brightness.
- Editing is also a viable option, but you should be careful about making things look too artificial. Free apps such as Lightroom allow you to access free preset filters, helping you edit your photos to perfection in just minutes!
2. Grow Your Instagram With a Consistent Look and Voice
One of the unique benefits of Instagram is that it allows you to craft a lasting brand image. While Facebook and Twitter are great for channeling your brand message, there’s nothing that’s aesthetically comparable to the iconic grid formation that Instagram has to offer.
Consistency is key if you want to learn how to grow your Instagram. If you’re posting a new graphic daily in a rainbow of clashing colours, or changing your aesthetic style every week, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
One of the amazing benefits of the grid layout on Instagram is the chance to create a portfolio unique to your personal brand. Instead of going rogue with random posts, upload images that look and feel familiar, adding a caption that represents your personality. It’s easy to maintain consistency once you get into a regular flow, and it’s guaranteed to ensure your followers instantly recognise your posts when they see them.
- Using a visual planning app like Preview or Planoly, so that you can see how your feed will look before posting.
- Using preset filters to ensure your photos radiate the same vibe on that all-important grid!
3. Use New Instagram Features to Grow Your Following
Like most online platforms, there seems to be a new feature available for use on Instagram every week. In the good old days, you could simply post a picture, write a caption and collect your likes and followers, but the time for that is over.
To grow your Instagram, you should aim to utilise the latest features in order to enhance your content. For network marketers, this can be a great opportunity to switch things up and try something new to entice your community to engage with you. Lives, IGTV and Instagram Reels are all designed to keep people on the platform for longer. It’s how Instagram makes money, and it’s how you could make money from home online too.
These features are pretty much guaranteed to increase your engagement rates, with some content creators enjoying follower increases of almost 3000k per month just by posting reels!
- Posting one Reel a day (if you can!)
- Experimenting with new features as soon as they’re released
- Going live to show your followers your true personality
4. Showcase Products in Creative Ways to Grow Your Instagram
Whether you’re building a personal brand or using Instagram to showcase your products, it’s important to get creative in order to stand out. In recent years, Instagram has become the best place for product demonstrations, community engagement, and interactive posts, so it’s important that you get the market involved to help you stand out.
If you’re testing out a beauty product for your audiences, or trying to explain a new perfume scent, why not get them involved too?
Here are some ideas:
- Go live on Instagram and give a real-time demonstration, creating an active conversation in the comments.
- Use polls with themes such as ‘this or that’, and encourage people to choose their favourite products.
- Use reels to quickly showcase a new range of products, or educate your audience on your offering.
- Use the ‘Ask a Question’ feature so that your audience can find out more about your products while boosting your exposure.
Standing out on Instagram is all about creating a buzz, no matter how many followers you have on your platform. To reach wider and score a bigger community without getting lost in the crowd, make sure to try out new techniques and don’t be afraid to get creative.
If you’re looking for the best way to use Instagram for all of your marketing needs, the most important thing to remember is to be unique. Everyone has an individual personality to bring to the platform, and every brand has something new to offer. Be yourself, plan to perfection and watch your engagement grow!